Data Elements: Activities.aspx
Coming in Mid-June 2023 (Stay tuned for dates!)
Acres Of Sweet Strawberries For Your Family To Enjoy
Head to the farm for luscious fresh strawberries and cool off with handmade strawberry lemonade! And while you're at the farm, don't miss out on our Baby Animals and Berries Festival!
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Cost per pound: TBD
Prices are determined based upon the season.
Plan Your Visit: We want your experience to be fun, adventurous, and memorable! The tips below will prepare you for visiting our working farm:
- Don’t forget sunscreen, a water bottle, and a sun hat. Fields can get very hot and there is limited shade.
- Parents: Please supervise your children. We are a working farm.
- We provide containers for picking.
- Strollers do not fit between the rows.
- Our strawberry fields are a short walk from the parking lot.
- Come back and see us often as different varieties become available throughout the season!
- Please be sure to wash your fruit before eating.
Caring For and Storing Strawberries:
- Farm-fresh berries are delicate and stacking them more than a few high will crush them. We recommend using the containers we provide.
- Do not toss your berries into the container or they will bruise and spoil faster.
- Eat your strawberries or freeze them within 24 hours of picking. Our berries are grown for flavor rather than for shelf life and will not last like those in the grocery store.
- If you will not be going home after picking, or you have a long drive home, bring a cooler with ice to keep your berries chilled.
Visit our Instagram or Facebook for current availability. Seasons can vary by several weeks depending on the weather.
Season: Late season
Flavor: Super sweet (like candy). They are softer in texture due to the high sugar content
Uses: Best for eating or used in jams within hours of picking
Size: Medium/large firm berry
Uses: Great for fresh eating or freezing
Season: Early season
Uses: Great for fresh eating, processing or freezing
Size: Firm, conic-shaped smaller berry
Uses: Excellent for jams & jellies
Are we organic?
Part of the appeal of eating local food is the knowledge that it’s been grown responsibly and with extra care. The philosophy that guides how we farm across all our crops is a commitment to ecological farming. This means balancing the needs of our crops with the health of the entire farm ecosystem, and always working to promote a balance between the two. It’s an approach that’s close to organic and combines the best of modern farming and traditional techniques. For more information, visit our Farming Practices.
Pets, companion, and emotional support animals, including dogs, are not allowed at Swans Trail Farms. Service animals trained specifically to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability are allowed. More information on our Pet Policy can be found here.
Don't Miss The Baby Animals & Berries Festival 2023!
Your kids will love snuggling with baby chicks and kittens (and alpacas!), riding our giant 50-ft indoor slides, and sipping homemade strawberry lemonade! We also have specialty food items including our famous strawberry shortcake. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to see newborn animals and enjoy spring festivities to kick off the u-pick strawberry season.